Basic Assumption - Everyone has the Virus
The risk of exposure to cleaning staff is inherently low, but precautions should still be taken. Cleaning staff should wear disposable gloves and gowns for all tasks in the cleaning process, including handling trash.
Since the virus can not be detected and spreads easily, we will assume:
- You are carrying the virus. Let's keep it from spreading by wearing a mask.
- Others are carrying the virus. Let's keep you from getting sick by wearing gloves and staying over 6 feet away.
This course will cover how to change your cleaning processes based on these assumptions.
You will learn:
- To stay home if you are sick, and when it is safe to come back to work after you have been sick.
- How to wash your hands.
- How to put on and take off gloves, masks. gowns and booties.
- How to disinfect different surfaces and what products to use.
- Important cleaning concepts like when to change your gloves, when to wear masks, social distancing, how to handle dirty linen, and to keep toilet lids closed.
- You will be lead through an example cleaning and disinfection of a home to see how what you have learned applies to cleaning vacation rental homes.