Step 5: Cycle Laundry
You will continue to return to this process throughout your clean until all laundry, blanket and pillow sanitizing is complete.
If you do laundry off-site, parts of this process will not be needed.
Remember to change gloves when going from dirty to clean.
Cycle Laundry Through
- Remove items from the dryer and set it on disinfected furniture or beds.
- If washer is complete, move clean items from the washer to the dryer and run at the highest heat setting for those items.
- If washer is empty, reload it with dirty items.
- If the dryer is open, reload it with dirty pillows etc. and run for 30 minutes on highest setting for those items.
- If there is more laundry to do, leave the laundry room and close the door.
If there is no more laundry, clean and disinfect room:
- Vacuum floor and any other areas with dust or particles.
- Clean any hard surfaces.
- Remove gloves and dispose. Wash or sanitize hands correctly. Put on new gloves.
- Either wipe down all surfaces with a disinfectant wipe, or spray surfaces with disinfectant spray.